Survivor: Family Edition

Whew!  We made it through week one as a fully functioning, working and playing family!  My first week back at work absolutely flew by and the weekend was upon us before we knew it.  Mom, Dad and Baby all survived our first taste of what the rest of our lives will be like.

Of course, we did tons of fun things through the week and yet again I completely failed to get any photos, a fault of mine that I seriously need to address and correct.  Thursday night Nixon and I met up with a good friend Patrick for dinner at Noodles so that they could meet for the first time.  Nixon slept contently while Patrick and I enjoyed the warm weather, conversation and carbs on the patio of the restaurant.  By the end of our meal he was wide awake and all smiles.

On Friday night Nixon and I ventured to our friends Jory and Mel's brand new house to check out the new pad.  I got the grand tour of their home which is absolutely gorgeous with a yard that Nixon will enjoy running around in once he can master fine motor skills.  Congratulations to Jory and Mel!  We had fun catching up and talking about their plans for their new home.

I realize it sounds like the Wamlet and I do a lot without daddy, but it's solely because Kyle is still on nights.  We look forward to when we can live on the same schedule but for now we pass each other in the morning and the evening with a kiss and a snuggle...for now I live the life of a single parent 3 days a week, but this week in particular Kyle is on his 7 on while he switches to the other side of the week.

Saturday was quite unproductive, daddy slept, mommy and Nixon snoozed, and we took Jack for a walk.  I did do a make-up trial for a bride whose make-up I will be doing on her wedding day next Saturday.  She is a stunning girl and makes my job way too easy.  In the evening Nixon and I went to our friends Jason and Rikki's house so that they could meet Mr. Man.  Of course they were smitten with him and we spent about 3 hours over there catching up and oohing and aahing over his cuteness.

In celebration of Kyle's first Father's Day we went to a fancy breakfast at one of our favorite dive spots, Johnny V's - nothing but classy establishments for the Wams!  It makes me so excited for all of our future Father's Days when Nixon is bigger and they can go do father-son things together to celebrate.  I hope Kyle enjoyed his first Father's Day regardless of the fact that he had to work that night!  I did manage to get a few great shots of Mr. Man while he was taking a bath Sunday night, one of his favorite things to do as you can see!


BUBBLES!

Nixon has quite a few adorable personality traits that are developing that make my heart feel so full and happy:  When he's sleeping he makes these sweet little squeeks and meeps.  I'm not sure what a baby dreams about, surely it can only be about massive poops and full breasts.  Strange that as he grows that won't change much and will only become more detailed.  Also while he sleeps his little lips move like he's telling stories in his sleep.  He'll also smile very often which is just the cutest thing.  Can you tell I stare at him a lot while he's snoozing?

When he wakes up he takes the BIGGEST stretches - his little arms go above his head with his little fists clenched.  While he's doing this he also scrunches up his forehead so he looks just like Tommy from the Nickelodeon cartoon Rugrats




Another cute thing he does is what I call his Monkey Lips.  He purses his lips and looks like a little monkey and then he makes little sounds like "Ohh Oooh".  It's so funny to watch, and you can keep him going if you do it back.  Additionally, in place of his pacifier he likes to suck on his wrist, here's a photo where I almost caught him in the act:



In that photo he is playing on his play mat, which I have to admit...Kyle was right about!  He wanted to register for this mat which I thought was too much baby flare around the house but he was adamant that we got one because it helps with Tummy Time...and Nixon LOVES this thing!  He lays on his tummy and talks to all the animals and colors on the mat and he also loves laying on his back and smiling at all the dangling toys that are on the mobile.  Who knew???

Well, a new week has started and I hope it goes as smoothly as last week even though it started a wee bit rough.  Nixon decided he didn't want to sleep last night so mom got about 2 hours total sleep, but then of course he slept from about 8:30 this morning until 1:00 in the afternoon.  He was tired!!!  Gee, thanks little buddy.

Comments

  1. Congrats on surviving your first week back at work. I've been thinking about you tons. Love the pic of him in the tub! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't thank you enough for the necklace!!! It's gorgeous and I've worn it every day! Nixon loves his Teddy book too! Formal gracias arriving in a mailbox near you soon.

    That tub pic makes me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you managed to get through all the tape :) So glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts