Anyone Out There?

Hi. Do you still read about our life? Did you know Kyle's now a fire fighter? We had another baby? We moved to the freaking SUBURBS (and love every second of it)? Nixon is about to go into K4?

Wow, that's a lot...

We did indeed have another baby; a perfectly cute, healthy, happy little boy named Hayden Kennith. No, it's not a typo. Well, actually it is, but not really. It was my grandpas name, spelling and all. When he joined the Army he had to provide his birth certificate and found out whoever completed the birth certificate spelled it wrong, so he just started using it.



We had Hayden 11/11/14 after a quick 6 hour labor, but that didn't make up for the fact that he was a week late. Sassy boy. Fortunately for him, he's the best baby on the planet which makes up for that terrible week.



2 weeks later we moved. Yep...we bought a new house in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. It's literally Mayberry. This adorable, touristy, small town where our kids can play until the street lights come on and random strangers say hello and help each other. It's been pretty magical. We were able to find our dream house which included another house on the property so that my aunt Vickie could "move in" with us...but not...which is also magical.

With the loss of my mom, having her sister around to help is the next best thing!

Nixon is about to start 4K. Seriously. My little boy who was so sweet and small is now making everything a fart joke, making his own sammiches, and making us laugh multiple times a day with his shining personality. Here's this guy on his first and last days of 3K...are you kidding me???


He is really into the Power Rangers, Octonauts, doing art projects and of course skateboarding. We tried Tee Ball which was an epic failure so we quit going until next year. Flag football starts in a month, wish us luck. This kid will spend 2 hours straight at the skate park but can't focus for a 30 minute Tee Ball game...go figure.



Here's a little sample of his latest art project. It's home made play-doh that he was making faces with. He says it's a nose and a bow tie. Agree to disagree.




And since my only pics of Hayden are from when he was fresh and brand new, here's a more updated one:



We've been spending our summer outside every waking minute. I took a little staycation and we went to the beach 4 days in a row, the pool, various hikes, general outside playing, music in a park, picnics, lunches on patios, anything that kept us outside in the warm sun. I really can't believe summer is wrapping up. Before I know it the leaves are changing and the Packers are back on the field!!!


There are 8 million other things I could update on, but I'll start here. When I first started this blog it used to take me forever to upload pictures, and as technology has advanced, it is now super speedy so I won't be so lazy or PTSD about posting. Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular Posts