Start at the Start

The Wamlet was brought into our family April 25, 2011.  A beautiful baby boy was born to us at 12:22 a.m. and he was 6lbs and 14oz, 20" long.  It was an easy delivery for mom and for baby with a few ups and downs; a sampling of what our life would be like together.  We named him Nixon Francis.


1 Day Old.  Hello World; I have bear ears, don't mess with me!

I've decided to follow in the footsteps of my good friend Melissa Aprahamian and develop a simple blog to keep friends and family updated on the happenings of Mr. Nixon.  I hope that everyone enjoys the updates and comments frequently!

Here are a few updates on Nixon:  He is now a month and a half old...where did the last 6 weeks go?  I blinked and they are over.  We have his 6 week check up on Wednesday where we will check his weight, get some measurements, and hear once again that he is absolutely perfect.  We think he is probably 7-1/2 pounds now.  Kyle and I noticed the other day his face, arms and legs are getting a little chunky but he is still a very skinny baby.  I want to switch to cloth diapers but as of Saturday his legs were still to thin and cause his cloth diapers to leak.  He still wears newborn sized diapers and clothes.  His 0-3 month old clothes are huge on him and he looks silly.  Hopefully he'll grow into them soon!  Everywhere we go people comment on how small he is and ask if he's poppin' fresh; they're always surprised when I tell them he's a month and a half!


Nixon with his Giraffe - 1 Month Old


He looks hilarious here...like he needs a little briefcase because he's off to do something important!

His favorites right now are: Staring up at his mobiles or at the trees.  We go to the park during the day and lay in the grass and he just stares at the tress above us.  He talks to them, giggles, smiles and is the happiest when he can stare up above.  He loves being rocked and having his back patted quite roughly - I blame the running, walking and Body Pump classes all throughout pregnancy!  He loves his Soothie pacifier even though I didn't want him to have one - I guess he's the boss.  He loves his swing, it's his favorite spot in the house next to mommy and daddy's arms.  He also loves noise - music, TV, the vacuum, the dogs barking, loud neighbors, etc.  He likes noise so much that I have to play an iPod in his room to help him sleep.  If it's too quiet he doesn't calm down.  He also loves his seahorse.  The seahorse is a Fisher-Price toy I bought when I was 18 weeks pregnant.  It plays about 5 minutes of lullaby's and its belly lights up like a Glo-Worm.  Every night when I went to bed I would hold the seahorse up to my belly and play the lullaby's for him and he would kick and punch me like crazy.  After he was born he would recognize the songs and it would calm him down. This was an idea that my friend Cathy Hernandez gave me as she had done this for all 3 of her Littles and it worked perfectly for them too.


Nixon and I at the Park - He's saying "Mama!!!  NEENER NEENER!!!"

Nixon is amazing in any situation.  I take him to restaurants, the store, the dog park and the coffee shop and he's just so content.  I go on long 4 mile walks and he just snoozes the entire time.  As long as he has a full belly he's down to do whatever...typical male!  We're so blessed to have such a wonderful little boy and we are excited for all the phases of his development!

Comments

  1. Love the blog so far CJ! Can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you started a blog! Now I get to stalk you and cutie Nixon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJ, So glad you started this, now is great auntie in MI can enjoy him too. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts