It's Our Anniversary

2 Years have passed since a gorgeous mid-80's and sunny day in June when Kyle and I stood together at the altar of a church and said our I Do's. We were surrounded by our closest family members and our wedding party. A quaint, small, intimate affair only to be followed by the biggest all out dance party at Turner Hall Ballroom with all of our friends and extended family members.



I remember being completely overwhelmed with the entire day, I tried so many times to sneak to the back of the ballroom to just watch all of our friends dancing like maniacs, all of our family catching up with eachother, co-workers enjoying a beer outside of the office. I remember seeing the touched look in our family member's faces as they reviewed our 'clothes line' of as many family wedding photos as we were able to get our hands on stretching back to the early 1900's. The entire day was absolutely perfect. Then at the end of the night, after the wedding, after the reception, after the bar hopping it was just me and my husband..........and we were starving. We both forgot to eat.











My only regret from the entire day: Not getting my brother's best man speech on video. Dang.



This last year, much like the year before was filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Kyle and I formed Team Wam. We pull together to work as a team to manage our son, our dogs, our house. Team Wam. We've gotten into this groove that is like a dance that we both move to at the same time, anticipating the next steps. Team Wam. I hate and love that he stays home with the dogs every other weekend so I can go visit my mom. I appreciate that when news hits us that my mom's cancer has spread he just holds me and lets me cry. It's the hardest thing in the world knowing your mom is fighting for her life...but it's reassuring knowing that I'll always have Kyle there by my side. Team Wam.

Honeymoon in Vail, CO

Some of my favorite memories from this last year are nights when we just sat together on the couch with the radio on talking for hours. I love our inside jokes. I love when I get so mad at Kyle he does something completely stupid to make me laugh and get over it. I love that when he says "Can I show you something" and I actually say yes for a change he has nothing to show me because I never say yes...seriously, I don't want to see your penis. I love watching him with our son, and I love that Nixon is turning out just as goofy as his dad.

After dinner one night on our Honeymoon

I feel silly celebrating such a small accomplishment as 2 years - but I appreciate the time to step back and reflect on our time together...much like I tried to reflect on our wedding day. Drink in all the details, lock them away in a special part of my mind to hold on to them forever. Make sure I don't forget all the little things amid a crazy and hectic life.



Happy Anniversary Kyle!  CHEERS!

Comments

  1. Awe...Happy Anniversary you guys! Love the rainbow honeymoon pic. Every anniversary is worth celebrating if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I agree - it just seemed silly because my friends parents anniversary was the same day and they celebrated 30 years so our 2 seemed lame.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts