Happy Father's Day

Father's Day this year was filled with too much food and family fun. We started off the day by heading to the Milwaukee Zoo because father's got in for free. Kyle's sister Aimee and her daughter Kylee joined us as well. It was a completely gorgeous 80 degree and sunny day which made it perfect for the 3-1/2 hour zoo wander we accomplished.  Nixon enjoyed petting and feeding goats and he even tried to give one a kiss. 





After we got home we played in his water table that Nixon's Auntie Aimee got him for his birthday and then we all went to one of our favorite local dinner spots called Juniper61.

 I'm so proud of the father that Kyle has become. I appreciate the fact that because of his crazy work schedule he gets to spend 2 weekdays every week with Nixon and they get that very special 1 on 1 time to bond and hang out. I feel like every time I come home after those two have been together all day Nixon has learned a new word or trick. Kyle has taught him to hi-five, dunk his basketball, sing E-I-E-I-O from Old MacDonald, and to smack his lips and say "Ahhh" after he drinks from his cup.

At Nixon's 1st Birthday

At Uncle Wayne's Wedding

I think that most dad's don't get that opportunity to have that alone time with their kids and they miss out on the special times that Kyle and Nixon are so fortunate to have together. Kyle is a wonderful involved father and Nixon thrives because of it. Some of my favorite memories are simple shots of the two of them together and it just makes my heart melt. In those pictures you can see the love he has for his little boy and it's something that is so special. I hope that Kyle's buddies look up to him as a father once they all begin to start their own families.

Little Tiny Nixon!

Comments

  1. Love all the new posts! We love the mke zoo and my B'ham membership gets us in free there. We'll have to go when I'm in town :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts