Back to the Future Part Deux

Yeppers, still playing catch up.  I do have to update on some fun stuff that isn't such old news.  HE CRAWLS!!!! Yep, our life gets more and more complicated day by day.  Nature is smart though and it slowly works you into the trials and tribulations that is life with a mobile baby.  He started making really small forward movements over the Thanksgiving weekend.  I had lunch with Scooter that Wednesday and I told him Nixon was THISCLOSE to crawling to which he responded, "Well, he's probably saving it for Gramma Dietsch".  Sure enough, the morning of Thanksgiving when I got to my mom's was when he made his small movements forward.  Over the weekend he got a tiny bit better, and then by Sunday night he was definitely a forward motion mover.  His favorite spot in the house so far is in the kitchen.  He loves playing in his puppy Jack's bowl, but he also tends to head towards the fireplace which is not very baby safe.  Today Kyle installed all the outlet plugs and this week we'll install the cupboard lock thing-a-ma-jiggers on the cupboards that have our chemicals in them.

Now on to our old stuff, heading back into time.

Pinki was snoozing on Nixon's highchair, but by the time I grabbed the camera she sat up to say cheese.  Either way, she's cute.


Nixon and I ran some errands and he took a snooze.  When we got home I swooned over his death grip on his girlfriend Sophie the Giraffe.


He's just like a Tigger and loves bouncing.  When we put him in his jumper he goes absolutely nuts.  Sometimes I'm worried he needs a seat belt in this thing because he gets going like crazy.  We love watching him jump around and giggle like crazy when he's in this thing.  The jumper is something I never would have thought to buy, but I'm soooo glad our friends Jeff and Gina gave us their hand-me-downs.  It's the best ever!

The Bouncer Boy and his Buddy Fred

He Loves this Bird Rattle Thing Too

That Middle Finger Again!  Mama's Boy!

The Thinker

That's What Jacks Do!  LICK LICK LICK LICK.  
And because he's my baby too, Fred Dawg:


We attended Dana and Matthew's 7th (I think) Annual Pumpkin Carving contest.  I never carve pumpkins but I have a feeling my gig will be up in about 1-2 years and I'll be a carving pro all too soon once Nixon wants to participate.  Gramma Terri was watching Kylee that day so they came as well so that Kylee could join in on all the fun.

Looks like Kylee's not pulling her weight here!

The party

Nixon being a slacker on the hammock

William and Henry concentrating hard

Can you tell Kylee had a chocolate cupcake?

Mama's Punkin!
Now that Nixon has mastered solid foods we are working hard to teach the boys that they have to be laying down in the other room while he's in his high chair.  This is why:


Auntie Aimee had a Halloween party with all her friends and their kids and Nixon and I were invited.  It worked out well that it was Halloween dress up day at work for me too so I had a costume on already.  I had a good time regardless of not knowing anyone there.  Nixon enjoyed trying out his Lion costume, and he met a fellow Jungle inhabitant that night.

The Mighty Lion and his pal the Mischievous Monkey

I have no clue why this is crooked and I'm too dumb to figure it out.  Anyway, I was a  60's girl...but most people didn't think I dressed up.  Compliment?  Put-down?  You decide. LOL

Auntie Aimee was a lion too!

Giggles!

Oh Hey Ya'll!!

New Friends!

Omg are they cute or what?
We went up to visit Gramma Anita for her 58th Birthday!  Unfortunately this was the weekend Nixon had his first fever and he was not in a great mood.  He was a super snuggler though which is always nice, however not when I feel terrible that he's in pain and uncomfortable.

Snuggles with Gramma!
We left Gramma Anita's so that we could go Trick-or-Treating with Auntie Aimee and Cousin Kylee.  It was a cold, gloomy, rainy day so we didn't get to go as far as Kylee would have liked.  We still had fun and it was cute to see Nixon in his Lion gear again.



This has nothing to do with anything, but I love it...I got a new garland for the fall season.  Swoon!


Mr. Man loves hanging out in his basket...well, he did before he could crawl.  We actually haven't put him in there since he started moving around, but now I'm thinking it could be a great way to contain him!  LOL.  I was at a girlfriend's baby shower a couple weeks ago, and Nixon of course was with, and this girl Jackie asked me how he learned how to sit so soon because her 7-1/2 month old doesn't sit yet.  She said, Oh, do you guys put him in a Bumbo a lot?  I laughed and said, no, we don't have a Bumbo, we just put him in a wicker laundry basket.  She looked at me like I was nuts.  She's probably right.


Okee doke...well, I have to load some more pics off our camera and I'll post part III and then we'll be all caught up!

Cj

Comments

Popular Posts