A Christmas Story

What a whirlwind Christmas this year.  There were so many amazing high points and I used the reference of our wedding day to Kyle; we day dreamed of the day for so long and wanted to drink up every second and before we knew it the day was over in a blink of an eye.  That's exactly how our Christmas was this year.  The visions of sugar plums dancing in my head were quickly replaced with the realities of friends, family and a billion toys for Nixon.


Hanging with his Kitty Cat Pinki
The festivities started on December 15th when our dear friend Kaitlyn came to visit for the night with her Little, Giabella.  Giabella is 4 months to the day younger than Nixon and I was so happy to finally meet her for the first time.  They were visiting family in Madison from their home base in Baton Rouge and came to Milwaukee for the night for Nixon and Giabella's first sleepover. 

Nixon and Giabella

Giabella and Kait's cousin Tyler
We made home made pizzas, Scooter and Kaitlyn's cousin Tyler came over to say hello, we had a fire in the fireplace and just caught up until midnight.  It was like putting on your favorite pair of comfy jammies having Kaits back home with us.  It makes me miss her more and more every time she's here for a visit!

She's 4 months to the day younger than Nixon! 
The next day I had a half day because we had our company Christmas Luncheon and I was awarded a $50 gift certificate to any restaurant in the Wisconsin Restaurant Association as a thanks for my contributions to the Wellness Committee and United Way Committee's at work.  Thanks Lamplight!  Kyle and I spent a nice afternoon together and then we had Dana, Matthew and their boys over for dinner to celebrate the holiday.  Nixon got a great book and some stacking cups and I got a lovely scarf from their recent trip to Italy.

Nixon and William
The following night, the 17th was the Wamtastic Family Christmas at Aunt Wendy's.  The food, as usual was amazing, we all caught up, did our White Elephant Exchange and the kids got to open gifts.  Nixon had a jackpot that night bringing home tons of new toys.  It's funny because he's now getting actual interactive toys instead of the usual rattles and baby toys I mentioned in his 7 & 8 month post.  Unfortunately Kyle was unable to come to the Wamtastic Christmas because he had to work his first shift of nights that night.  Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The Frog I got at the White Elephant Exchange

NBD, Christmas Rocks

Nixon and Cousin Brandi

Uncle Bryan

Uncle Chad was home from NJ!
The rest of the week went by quickly as I adjusted to being home alone all the time now that Kyle was on nights, I ran all my errands to get ready for my first year of hosting Christmas Dinner and I prepared all week at work to get everything done so I could be off for the next 11 days without worrying about what needed to get done (HA!! Yeah, like THAT happened). 

Nixon in his "My Uncles are So Gay" outfit with Uncle Chad


On the 22nd we had Kellie, Nathan and Noah over to thank them for their great work over the last 6 months helping raise Nixon while we're at work.  I'm so blessed and thankful to have them be such an integral part of Nixon's life and I know he'll be a better person for it.  Kellie is so patient with the kids and Nathan always impresses me with how much he helps Kellie out with the kids.  It's like every one of the kids in their care are their very own.  Noah was incredibly well behaved as always and it was so nice catching up with them for longer than the 5 minutes when I drop Nixon off or pick him up.  We need to do it more often!  Nixon and I got spoiled from them - he got a new book and Blueberry Diaper and I was given an awesome Rock In Green water cup, reusable bag and gift certificate to get detergent for my cloth diapers.  I know that may sound like a strange thing to be excited about, but if you're a cloth mama you get it.  We're all very proud of our dipes and supplies.  LOL. 

Noah opening his Curious George

Beep!
On Friday the 23rd Kyle, Nixon and I loaded into the car to head down to Renesselear, IN to pick up my nephew Little Wayne.  He is staying with us until the 1st because he wanted to meet his new cousin and spend time with his Gramma, Grampa, Aunt and Uncle.  The trip was thankfully uneventful and we made it home much earlier than expected. 

Nixon and his Cousin Wayne!

What Mama??
That night we all went to the Don Wam (Kyle's dad) and Margie's Holiday Celebration which was a surprise wedding reception.  Don and Margie had gotten married at the courthouse 3 weeks prior and only their kids knew.  At the Holiday Party all the kids went to the dance floor and made the announcement, welcoming the new Mr. and Mrs. Wam to the room and the whole place errupted.  It was very fun, the food was great and I was really impressed how Margie's family came up to us to introduce themselves to us. 

3 Generations of Wam Men

Him Loves his Daddy

Rasperries on Nixons Face!

Awkward Family Photos runner up.  At least I look Nice.

Just after the Announcement

Margie trying to explain themselves!
On the 24th we relaxed around the house all day, Aimee stopped over for a while, and then our friend Steve popped over to visit while he was in town for the holiday from KS.  While the visit was short from both of them it was great to hang out.  I was mentally and physically exhausted that day from our out of control dogs and couldn't wait to get to bed.  Unfortunately for me.........that wouldn't come for a long time. 

I don't have pics from Christmas Eve...so here's a cute one of Nixon just because.

And another.
My parents arrived that night, we had to get ready for the next day doing some prep work of the food and then we had to play a little Santa.  It was so adorable, when I did finally make it upstairs for bed Little Wayne was sleeping with my laptop open to the Norad Santa Tracker website I had shown him earlier to track the Jolly Old Elf's whereabouts.  Cutest. Thing. Ever. 

Little Wayne's Norad Tracking.  SOOO Cute.
Christmas Day came and went before I could blink! We opened presents, I made a huge breakfast and then Kyle, Little Wayne, Bryan (Kyle's brother) and I went to see Chipwrecked.  It was really cute and I liked it better than the second one!  Nixon was soooo spoiled by his Gramma and Grampa D. and he loved everything he got - especially his light up ball, xylophone and wooden blocks.  Kyle and I were also spoiled - we got the Keurig we'd been dreaming of but never thought in a million years we'd get.  Santa brought Nixon a cookie monster toy and he loved the slippers his mama and daddy got him.

Mama, can you believe Santa came?

Look at this stuff!

After the movie I was in Chef mode as I prepared for everyone to come over for Christmas dinner.  I also made snacks for everyone!  What a day!  No wondery why it went so fast.  Before I knew it everyone was there drinking, eating and being merry.  My Grampa, Aunt Vickie and her boyfriend Scott arrived first, followed a little later by Gramma Terri, Papa Joe, Aunt Aimee and Uncle Bryan.  We all opened eachother's presents and the whole house was abuzz with happiness.  It's exactly what I imagined for our first Christmas.  We received a new convertible car seat for Nixon from Uncle Bryan and Nixon's Papa Don and Margie - I of course cried like an idiot.  Nixon was also spoiled with vintage Fischer Price Toys, puzzles, bath toys, and books among many other things. 

OMG it doesn't end!
Jack, you can help me!
I had a slight panic attack when I went to pull the turkey out of the oven.  I checked the temperature and it was only registering at 80 degrees...OMG.  What did I do wrong?????  Finally I pulled the thermometer out and realized it was on Celcius and not Farenheit.  Whew!  Hahaha...geek.  We then feasted like kings!  Turkey, stuffing, Bacon and Chive mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes, sweet potato hash, spiced cranberries, pumpkin pie Oh My!!!  It was all so delicious.  I can't wait to do it all over again! 

Great Grandpa with his two Great Grandsons

Swoon

Adorable
We wrapped up the night with a killer Packer win.  Too bad I was too tired to enjoy it and went to bed by 9:00.

On the 26th everyone left....ahhh...peace and quiet.  Nixon and I played for 3 hours with his new toys, Little Wayne was a hermit in his room playing with his new toys.  Kyle and I started to put the house back into one piece, we got our new toy set up and enjoyed far too much coffee.  We ate a lunch of all the random left overs and Wayne thought that was super cool. 

On the evening of the 27th Little Wayne, Nixon and I packed up the truckster to head up Nort' for the rest of the week.  Sorry to all those who I usually like to meet up with when I'm in GB but this trip my goal was to read a book and not change out of my jammies.  I'm on track so far!  I did have to change yesterday because I had to run to Target to get a babyshower gift but today is mission accomplished. Nixon is taking his nap, I've written this entire blog and now I'm getting ready to say adios so I can get cracking on that book!  I'm only on chapter 3, I have a lot of work to get done!

Nixon at Gramma's fresh outta the bath.
SOOOO, that puts us to today...12/30.  I've done a puzzle with my nephew this week, watched a couple movies, read some of my book, read a couple magazines, sent some emails out, did a tiny bit of work and played and played and played and snuggled with my son.  It's been so wonderful! 

Mr. Man loving bath time!
Tomorrow we head south, stopping in Cleveland, WI for my friend Annie's baby shower, coming home to host a little sleep over for NYE.  Auntie Aimee and Cousin Kylee are coming over to have a girls sleep over, and then my friend Erica's son Addison is also coming over to do whatever it is 10 year old boys do at a sleepover.  We'll keep the kiddoes up until midnight, sip some NA Sparkling Grape Juice and then call it a night. 

Nixon with Auntie Liz




This is a far cry from the annual bashes I've hosted at my house for 7 years, but Kyle has to work and I just wasn't in a mood to host a party without him.  Maybe next year!  Thanks a lot Quad Graphics for yet again crapping our parade!  Ugh, my poor husband! 

Snoozing with his nightime pal Mr. Seahorse
I hope this was enough of an update, and I guess I should make it my resolution to blog once a week so I don't get so far behind again!  Hahaha...we'll see how this goes...probably just as good as everyone else's health kicks.  I'll power through strong until mid-January and say eff it I'm sure.  LOL. 

Oh yeah, if you didn't receive a Christmas Card from me yet...don't worry...I didn't forget you, I just haven't finished them all yet.  See?  It's not just the blog I suck at. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

Cj



Comments

  1. Oh, I miss the Little Man already...you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new posts! Sounds like an eventful first Christmas for the little guy! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts