7 Months + 1

I totally forgot to post Nixon's 7 month pictures, but since he also turned 8 months on baby Jesus' birthday we'll have to smash these all in to one post. 



Since Thanksgiving Nixon has gone from a floppy little baby who could roll over on his own and sit with help to a full-motion non-stop crawling, sitting, pulling self to standing maniac.  As I posted a while ago he started mildly crawling on Thanksgiving weekend and he hasn't turned back since.  Within a week he was crawling all over the house, he could crawl and then stop, sit up on his own and then keep crawling again.  He pulled himself up to standing on his puppy Fred for the first time, and then within a week he was pulling himself up on tables, couches, legs, puppies, toys, whatever he saw fit. 



Not only is he a mobile maniac, as I mentioned earlier he also has his first tooth!  It was funny too because Kaitlyn and Giabella stayed with us last Thursday and her cousin Tyler stopped over to say hi - Tyler is finishing dentistry school at Marquette and I happened to ask him when I should start brushing Nixon's mouth and he said as soon as he gets a tooth...4 days later we were brushing!  Hahaha...Of course, like all things Mr. Man he also loves having his tooth brushed.  He likes to chomp on the finger brush and I'm sure it feels good on his gums.  I just can't believe he never had any symptoms of teething.  I hope he treats all the rest of his teeth the same way!  I can handle teething if it's this easy!



With his new tooth he's always playing with it with his tongue so he kind of looks "Special" with his tongue sticking out so he can feel it.  It's so cute. 



He's eating any and everything, meats, fruits, veggies, and grains.  There is still not one food he hasn't liked and I keep adding more and more flavor and texture to all his food.  For breakfast today he had a baby food mixture I made of sweet potatoes, cranberries, apples, blueberries and pomegranate with cinnamon and allspice.  Then he had half a banana smashed with apple juice and then some cheerios!  He's an eating machine!  He's also mastering drinking out of cups, he's getting much better but he'll still take in too much and then kind of choke.  He'll get it sooner than later though!



He learns so much every single day.  For Christmas he received this toy and within 20 minutes of playing with it he learned how to put the boulders in and how to get them out.



Things that make Nixon laugh:  Sneezing, the dogs, Pinki, bouncing like crazy, jumping in his jumper, clapping, tickling, being naked, and crazy noises.  He's still so even tempered and is only fussy when he's hungry, overly tired, or his newest thing is being really cranky when he's playing on the floor and I walk by but don't stop to play with him.  He gets sooooooooo mad! 



He loves to play in his room all by himself.  Sometimes I think he gets overwhelmed with too much stimulation and he needs to be taken away from the hustle and bustle of life and put into his room.  I'll put him up there, lock the baby gate and he'll sit in there for hours just playing.  Miss Kellie at daycare says that he's the weird kid that will crawl into a corner and just play by himself too which is cute.  He's just like his mommy and his daddy in that respect.  We both crave quiet me time to clear our heads. 

Best Buds Nixon and Jack


Nixon also loves shopping.  I don't think it's the act of shopping but it's the act of people watching.  We did a full day of Christmas shopping with Gramma Terri and Cousin Kylee and there wasn't a peep out of Nixon.  Kyle and I also went to the mall one day for something to do and he was so content just hanging out in his stroller watching everyone.  That's a trait he got from me.  There are some days I miss working at the mall - the best part is people watching!

Well, I guess that's a great summary of Nixon at 7 and 8 months! 

Cj

Comments

Popular Posts