School's Out For Summer

Today is my mom's first day of retirement. 

I am so excited to hear about her first day of waking up without an alarm.  Here's how I imagine her day so far:  Wake up, visit the loo, have a small glass of OJ.  Grab a cup of coffee in a navy blue coffee mug (I personally prefer the "You are Somebody Special" mug).  She'll pull up to her chair, facing her backyard which is lush green woods.  Inhale the misty steam off her coffee, take a sip, and exhale.

This is the good life.

Mom, you are a VERY special woman to the guys at Multipond.  You've been their accountant, HR department, psychology department, project manager, coffee maker, and mom.  Just by all the sweet letters, cards, and gifts they gave you I can tell you meant more to them than their Office Manager.  You were a family and you are already missed.

I know they were sad to see you leave, and I'm sure the day was bitter sweet as you shut down your computer and shut off your office lights for the last time...But school is out now, not only for the Summer, but forever.  No more teachers, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks.  Take your shoes off, walk around in the grass.  Nap in the sun.  Read a book a day.  Craft more.  Stay up late knowing you can sleep in just as late.  Just.Live.

You've had an amazing career and impacted many people in your life - starting as being a wonderful and inspirational stay-at-home mom and then at the various offices you helped manage and keep together over the years.  I've learned the majority of my organizational skills from you after I worked with you and saw how detail oriented you were and kept impeccable notes.  It goes without saying, I am where I am because of you.  Thank you. 

Happy Retirement Mama!  I'm proud of you (and a little bit, ok, a LOT jealous).

XoXo

Comments

Popular Posts