Baby Foodie

Nixon is world's best eater, and I'm not sure if it is because he's just naturally born this way or if it was due to the way I introduced him to foods. 

I've considered dedicating a small amount of time to go into detail on how I made all of his baby food and what spices I added from day one, and also what types of meals we eat.  I get so annoyed when I see articles that are raving "20 new meals for toddlers" and I excitedly open it only to read PB&J or nilla wafers on the list.  I also get irritated to read children's menus at restaurants that are packed with foods I wouldn't even feed my dogs like fried chicken tenders.  Seriously, when did fried chicken become a healthy children's option?  So, anyway, that's how I started thinking about including some commentary on how I fight myths that kids will only eat macNcheese.

Nixon and Cynrae
I'm tired of people assuming kids can't handle certain foods and not pushing the limits.  I'm constantly challenging Nixon and so far I've had very positive results.  I've also accidentally challenged him.  I had a huge food fail on Sunday and my kid didn't seem to notice or care. 

I mistook an Anaheim pepper for a sweet italian pepper when I cooked our meal.  We are members of a CSA (community supported agriculture) and each week we receive a box of organic fruits and vegetables from a local farm.






I had a lot of veggies I needed to use up on Sunday so I made a pasta with white wine sauce and tossed in green beans, wax beans, eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, onion, and what I thought was a sweet italian pepper.  I did sprinkle in some crushed red pepper but was shocked with how spicy the meal came out and couldn't figure out why my hands were burning - when I went back to read the newsletter from the farm I learned I used an Anaheim pepper on accident!

Nixon ate his entire plate so I gave him more for lunch the next day and he hasn't seemed to mind.  Oops.

A day at the Zoo
Anyway, I've been thinking about adding random posts about food...let me know if you think this sucks or if you'd be interested in reading it.  One of my biggest hobbies is cooking so I think it might be fun to share recipes.

Oh, and on another note, Nixon learned to say Poop and it is the CUTEST thing on the planet.  Not so cute?  His newest hobby of hitting and kicking the dogs.  He ends up in the naughty spot for that one.  Last night we were eating our dinner (Three cheese tortellini with alfredo and broiled green beans) and I said to Nixon, "Hey baby...can you do me a favor and NOT turn into a serial killer since you like being mean to the pups?" to which he responded...."Yep".  He says yep to everything though so I'm not confident he won't be a psychotic killer/back skin lamp maker.  I apologize in advance to society.

The Mad Puppy Beater

Comments

  1. I would LOVE posts about food/cooking/recipes. also a hobby of mine!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts