Wamtastic Family Vacation

The Wam Fam set off on our first official family vacation on March 8th.  We got on a plane and headed to Phoenix for 2 weeks.


First off, I'd like to start out by saying that as a business traveller I am officially committing to be more patient with families that are travelling.  I had no clue how much stuff such a little guy would require.  We had 3 suitcases, a stroller, a car seat, diaper bag, laptop bag and a hiking back pack.  Our friends Matt (Wheels) and Katy took us to the airport and we barely fit into their minivan!  It was out of control!

The flights were uneventful and Nixon did very well.  He slept the first flight out and then was wide awake for our shorter flight flirting with the woman in the seat next to Kyle.  He kept smiling at her and then point out the window like he ways saying "Oh hey girl, I'm kind of a big deal, I have this window here - check it out".

The first morning in Phoenix, we woke up and packed up the car to drive out to San Diego to visit my friends James and Jenn, and then my friend Kim, her husband Josh and their son Kelly.  It was a long drive filled with random adventures...like when I made a joke about being on the show Border Patrol and Kyle made fun of me...and then the first stop we made for lunch there was a border patrolman - HA!!!  We also had a slight extra hour detour through the desert because Wayne provided us with poor directions, but it was a nice beautiful detour.

Walking around in SoCal with Daddy

In San Diego we enjoyed the beautiful weather, checked out the beach, went to one of the highest points in SD to see the entire city and beach and had a BBQ which was a blast.  My friend Tim came with his wife, and my friend Kim came over with her new little Kelly and we all ate a ton of food, they guys had a wicked cornhole tournament and us ladies enjoyed vino and the firepit.  James and Jenn were amazing hosts, their house was even more amazing and Nixon loved hanging out with their pitbull Cookie.  I'm thinking as part of an annual trip to Phoenix to see Wayne and his family we will also need to make San Diego an annual trip!

Kim, Kelly, me and Nixon
Daddy, you throw the bags in HERE!!!

Took him a while to not hate grass...then he was in bliss!

In Phoenix we went hiking on the White Tanks and Estrella Mountains, we caught 2 Brewer's Spring Training Games, visited the Phoenix Zoo, the World Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium, and ate a TON of food. 

Hiking the Estrella Mountains
Hiking the White Tanks

We got to spend a great deal of time with my brother, Angel and her kids just hanging out, eating dinner together and watching Tosh.0.  Nixon got to hang out with his new cousins Bryce, Savannah and Josh.  It was sweet watching them all play with him.

Cousin Bryce

The spring training games were amazing.  We layed out in the grass, soaked up sun and drank Summer Shandy.  It was absolutely perfect!

Ooh Mama...that Shandy looks amazing!

Nixon was involved in his 2nd car accident in his short life!  We were on our way to the Phoenix Zoo one morning and this guy changed lanes without looking and hit the entire right side of Wayne's car.  We were on the I-10 but traffic was slowing down and we were only going about 40.  No one was hurt and there were witnesses that confirmed it was not our fault.  The sheriff was really nice and helpful, and he even called a couple days later to ask another question and asked us all about our vacation and if we were having a good time.  So sweet!  Fortunately for Wayne he got $3,600 in insurance money and he's able to now buy the motor he wanted to swap into the car.  You're welcome!

Mr. Sheriff Man.

My brother's wedding was on St. Patrick's Day and the entire day was perfect!  It was sunny and a little cooler which helped keep everyone from sweating to death.  I took Little Wayne and Nixon swimming while everyone else primped for the day's events.  Then I got Little Wayne ready and sent him on his way and then got myself and Nixon ready, walked over and enjoyed the night!
They had a stand-up comedian as the officiant which was very funny, and then the wedding party danced down the aisle.  It was so crazy to see everyone's dances and I thought it was the most fun enjoyable ceremony I'd ever been too!





The reception was a dance and drunk fest, as it should be and we had so much fun.  I also loved their photo booth.


In the end, I was very glad to come home.  I missed my bed and my puppies.  Our dogs missed us too I think.  They acted up for their Uncle Scooter who was watching them, and then they were also being stinkers the first couple days were were home as well, as if to say, take THAT for leaving us!!!! Jerks.

Teething....poor baby
 After we got home Nixon's top 4 teeth started coming in all at once making our ordinarily calm and happy baby boy into a super cranky and exhausted baby.  He started showing signs of teething in our second to last day, but fortunately he saved the worst of it for once we got home to our snuggly couch.

Being in Arizona made me realize Nixon was going to need some shades for the summer so when we were running our errands at Target we bought these.  He completely loves them and thinks he's sooo cool.  He just crawls around the house in them, its completely adorable.

My Future's So Bright

Hippity Hop
We also got these.  Seriously.  How can you resist?  Hahaha....

Well, I'm missing a ton of pics so I'll try and go back and put them all together and make another post. 

Otherwise, Nixon Updates:  He walks!  He has his top and bottom teeth!  He says Uh-Oh, Mama, Dada, Woof, Moo and makes elephant noises.  He claps, waves HI and BYE.  He understands so much it's like he went from Squishy Baby to Problem Solving Boy.  It's insane.  "they" don't lie when "they" say it goes fast.

We had his 1 year pics done this last weekend so I can't wait to post those for your viewing pleasure.  We also have his 1 year birthday party invites on order, I can't wait to send them out!  It's May 26th and we're doing a tailgate theme.  I can barely contain myself, I'm so freaking excited.

Oh, and I get to go to Vegas for my 31st birthday.  It's actually a business trip, but all my work besties will be there and we're going to celebrate in style - I can't wait!


Comments

Popular Posts