Games, Farmers Markets and Parties!

This last week went by incredibly fast.  Having 11 days off work is a blessing and a curse all at once.  When I came back I had so much to catch up on that I just felt like I never had a chance to catch my breath all week.  It is nice with Kyle working nights - once I get home and get the Little to bed I have all night to work and don't have to feel bad about ignoring my husband...and it's nice and quiet!  I was able to catch up on work and felt pretty good by the end of the week. 

Friday night we were invited to our friend's Christy and Steve's house for appetizers, drinks and games.  These are the "Kickball Friends" I've mentioned earlier, although now that we're all procreating there's less, or in my case, no kickball.  That time is now filled with catching up on eachother's kids new skills, funny quotes, eating good food and enjoying some adult time.  I almost didn't go because Mr. Man didn't nap well for Kellie that day and when I picked him up he was a handful but I went anyways because I know he loves people.  Sure enough, as soon as we got there he was a happy smiley guy who put on a show for everyone until we left at 9:30.

On Saturday morning we were up and attem early.  Liz picked Nixon and I up and we went to breakfast at Alterra, hit up the indoor Winter Farmer's Market.  This older man came over to our table to meet Nixon.  Sometimes it's embarrassing but at the same time very flattering when people do this.  I wonder if this happens to all moms or just some of us who have handsome little devils who sit quietly in their highchairs eating fruit and puffs while his mama and girlfriend catch up over quiche and latte's.

After breakfast we went to the indoor farmer's market where I got a ton of great veggies, honey, tea and a chicken to make stock.  While we were at the market I had a massive mommy fail that still makes me blush.  I had used our lightweight stroller for the first time because I know how packed that place gets, but also since Liz was picking us up I didn't want to lug our big Bugaboo out...well, I had our bags on the handles and Nixon started to get cranky so I went to pick him up and the whole stroller toppled backwards and knocked Nixon around in the process.  He started screaming and I was all, seriously?  I never considered bags of potatoes, onions and leeks wouldn't send this little stroller crashing?  Ugh...duh. 

Mama, I'd really like you to hold me.

No seriously, C'mon Mom!

After that fiasco we hit up Penzey's spices, the Oilery, and Half Priced Books.  We headed home so Nixon could get his lunch and then packed up again to head to Kellie and Nathan's for their birthday party.  Nixon had fun playing with his friends Noah, Micah and Anderson but we had to leave a little earlier than we'd like so he'd be able to get in a nap before the next party!  After a 3 hour nap the Wam Fam packed up again and headed to Ben and Hilary's for Ben's big 30.  Ben used to work every summer in Alaska and he went back this past summer and brought home fresh Haddock.  It was the best tasting fish I'd ever had in my life.

Happy Birthday Ben


Dana and Matthew Lovin' on Nixon

What's up Bro

Scarf Sisters

And then there were the Wams

Sunday was finally a day of relaxation.  Whew!

The next week went by in a usual blur and as soon as Friday approached Nixon was pooped.  The little guy was in bed by 6:00.  Kyle was at work since he's on nights now and I took advantage of a night to myself.  I made a delicious pizza that had pears, carmelized onions and goats cheese.  Lamely, I worked until 8:00 to catch up on some things, I read my book a bit and then I watched The Help.  Loved the movie! 

Puppy Love

Hey Guys, Here's What We're Gonna Do...

On Saturday Nixon and I headed to my friend Melissa's for a delicious lunch and catch-up time.  I try and stay out of the house on Saturday's so Kyle can sleep in and it typically works well for us.  Hanging out with Mo is always a great time and we left by 3:00 so Mr. Man could get his nap in.

Jack, You're My Bestie

His New Fave, Chewing on Rings

Sunday was a sad sad day...My mother-in-law's house is cursed!  The only two times the Packers lost this season were the days I watched the game at her house.  Kyle, Nixon and I went out to her house to watch the game and eat lasagne.  Terri and I ran to Elegant Farmer to check out the store which we missed when we went out there to go to the pumpkin patch - it was way too packed to even attempt to go in in October.  This weekend it was dead as a doornail and we got to take our time and wander.  I got Kyle some English Toffee popcorn, I got us a garlic herb loaf of bread and some raspberry butter that I think will be amazing on the Cranberry Orange bread Kyle's Aunt Cheryl gives us for Christmas.  Yum! 


This Kid Can't Get Enough of his Pups

So feeding into Kyle's fears, our beloved Packers lost to the Giants...I don't think he'll ever let us watch a game at his mom's ever again!  Boo.

I just got big news as I'm typing this!  Nixon has been a standing maniac and Kyle just texted and said that he was standing using Jack to help him balance and let go and stood on his own for a couple seconds!  I think walking is going to be in our very near future!

One last random, I just saw a pic in my phone and wanted to post - I made Christmas cards for family this year (didn't get time to make one for everyone I wanted to...oops) Here's a pic!  They came out cute!  Kyle held Nixon, I inked his foot and then we stamped away.  LOL  Poor kid.


Sorry this post lacks any pics that are very good.  I've been slacking on the camera because our laptop is full and I can't save pics so I've beent trying to snap pics from phones...not as good!


Comments

Popular Posts