Mama's Booger

So I blinked and my sweet baby boy turned into an all-out crazy insane boy.  I love it. 

One of his favorite hobbies is picking his nose.  Not like, once or twice, but like All Day.  His finger is always in his nose.  And if he finds something?? SUCCESS. 

His last pic with his Gramma.  XoXo  He loved going for "Rides" with her

He is a very tidy child, he likes to pick up things off the floor and throw them in the garbage, he likes to help me dust and wipe down the table.  He also likes to wipe his face with towels or napkins.  Last night he was playing with a napkin "cleaning" the coffee table and I randomly said "Wipe your Butt" and he freaking wiped his butt!  How do kids learn this stuff!  I was laughing so hard.



Nixon is also in love with bath time.  Every night now he asks to take a bath and goes crazy if you don't let him.  I noticed that he used to be very timid in the water, scared to slip or get his hair or face wet and now he's rolling around like crazy, smashing his face in the water and playing with his toys.  It's pretty fun to watch. 

He's a bit of a monster, he kicks his blocks all over the place, he beats up the animals, he runs around in circles and smashes his face into pillows.  He also has his sweet baby side too where he loves to sit in my lap and read.  I think he could read books for hours.

Reading the book Gramma Recorded for him - His FAVE

We also took a Music for Tots class that he loves.  It is Monday nights and ironically Nixon's cousin Kennedy is in the class too.  The first night of the class I got out of the car and I heard this girl say "You have GOT to be kidding me" and I thought she was making fun of my teal Porsche rims on the Jetta until I looked over and realized it was Kyle's cousing Kari! 


Music Class with Cousin Kennedy


Nixon loves this class, especially his teacher.  He stares at her like a little creeper.  Nixon also really enjoys Ring Around The Rosy because he loves the part where we all fall down.  The kids get maracas and tamborines and other musical instruments to play with while they generally run around like crazy and the parents look like idiots doing all the songs.  Meh.  I'm down.  I actually get a good workout.  Whatever makes my kid smile.

One night he picked up these two wooden sticks and was beating the ground with them with his hair flailing about wildly and all the parents laughed and said, man, that kid will be a drummer some day!

My kid.  The Smelly Kid.

My Little had his 1-1/2 year check-up today and he's actually growing!  His whole life he's been in the 10th - 20th percentile for everything, and today we learned he is finally 23lbs and in the 23rd percentile for weight, but the 50th percentile for height!  She said he would be about 6' and lean as an adult, pretty much identical to his 6' and 170lb dad. 

He is slightly anemic, which he's actually struggled with his whole life so he's back on to vitamins and we have to make sure he gets no more than 24oz of milk.  Apparently milk inhibits iron absorption and that kid drinks a ton of milk. 

100% Goof
His doctor was extremely impressed with his verbal skills.  She said he spoke clearer than kids twice his age.  She couldn't believe how many words he said either.  I think he's probably over 75 words now, a lot have 2 syllables, and he puts words together like "More Please" and "Thank you".  He says yellow, purple, diaper and bubbles and they are the cutest ever.  He also answers YEP to everything which is hilarious.  I think I wrote a couple months back how I asked him to not be a serial killer and he replied "YEP", but now he definitely answers yep and nope and means what he says, it's not just a random word to say.

I loved the baby stage and never wanted him to grow out of it, but I have to admit, this toddler stage is pretty freaking awesome.  I'm starting to feel like I have my own little buddy.

Comments

Popular Posts