I'm 4 Months Old!!!

Nixon turned 4 months old on Thursday!!!  He's getting to be such a big boy - he literally changes daily.  I felt like a really bad mom when I first went back to work because I wasn't upset to go back to work and leave him with Kellie.  It's not that I didn't care, but he just pretty much slept all day.  Now that he's growing so big and learning every day I find myself so anxious to get the rock out of the office to hang out with him.  He's so cool, so sweet, so active.

Giggles!


He rolls all the time, front to back, back to front.  It's funny because he'll end up on his stomach and he just starts screaming because he does not want to be that way.  He totally forgets that he knows how to roll back because he is so mad.

He's kicking his legs like crazy and he also stands and holds himself up for long periods of time on his legs.  We started putting him in his jumperoo and he thinks he's so cool that he can look around and he slowly bounces up and down.  He reaches for toys and puppies.  He was on his play mat the other day and reached for Jack who was supervising him and Jack got a taste of what life will be like in the next year or two.  Nixon grabbed his lip and just pulled.  Poor guy.  Fred also learned a week ago.  While I nurse Nixon Fred likes to lay by the rocking chair and rest his head on the seat of the chair so that I can pet him while I feed the baby...yes, my dog can lay down and rest his head on my lap.  Anyway, Nixon was done and I was helping him pet Fred to teach him "soft" and he grabbed on to Fred's ear and yanked.  Of course, the mild mannered Gentle Giant he is just took it.  He's so great with kids which is why we even picked a Mastiff.



Nixon has definitely learned he has a voice and he uses it all the time.  Kyle will scream at the top of his lungs and Nixon will reciprocate.  It's cute the first 5 times...then not so much.

He chews on this thumb constantly.  He's discovered he has feet and works hard to reach them when he's sitting up.  He's also learning cause and effect which is so fun.  He'll pull his pacifier out of his mouth and I shout "UH OHHH!!" to which he giggles.  Then he puts his pacifier back in his mouth and I shout "YAYYYYY!!!" and he giggles again.  He'll repeat this for about 10 minutes, he just thinks it's so cool...so do  I.  I am just so amazed that at 4 months old he knows how to get reactions out of us.

I'll just hang on to this in case I need it later.


He still loves his swing, his play mat on the floor, his mobile on his crib.  He loves snuggling blankets and burp rags, anything soft that he can wrap his arms around, suck on and snuggle his face into.


My absolute favorite time of the day with him is in the morning.  I wake him up at 6:00 a.m. to nurse and I just let him take his time, usually about 45 minutes.  Then I'll burp him and just sit there with him for another 15 - 20 minutes because he's happy, cooing, smiling, and snuggling on my shoulder.  It's the most sweet, tender time and I don't ever want to rush it to end.  I guess one of the most special things that my mother's illness has taught me is to take advantage of every precious moment like this.  I just adore staring into his big blue eyes, admiring his long eye lashes, his rosy cheeks, his sweet smell.  I never want it to end.

He seems to be getting more attached to nursing.  When I switch him from one side to the other he'll start crying like he's so worried that there's no more.  Then when he's done nursing and I go to burp him he'll go back to crying feverishly.  I feel so bad but it's so sweet that he loves nursing so much.   

I love sucking my suffies hands too!

Kyle has a very special bond with his little boy.  The second Kyle walks into the room Nixon will giggle his little booty off.  Kyle looks his way, he giggles.  Kyle says hello...more giggles.  I am lucky if I can get one solid audible giggle a week out of him after making crazy faces, noises and jumping around like an idiot!!!  I guess I'm his puppet.  It's like Nixon thinks his daddy is the most hilarious person on the planet, which, ironically is what attracted me to Kyle years ago as well.  I too thought he was the funniest person I knew.  I guess babies have that 6th sense after all.  Nixon has definitely inherited his daddy's sense of humor and I am so glad.  I can't wait to be the mom of the class clown.

Well, that's Nixon at 4 months.  Happy, active and silly.  I can't wait to see what he learns next!

Freaking Goofball

Comments

Popular Posts