*POOF* February is GONE!!!

Well, since our laptop has unfortunately decided it's full and can't possibly save one more photo I haven't really been in the mood to blog - in addition to all the craziness going on around here.  Well, I'm feeling guilty so here goes a quick summary:

Nixon and I at Wamtastic Family Christmas
Nixon turned 9 months!  And 10 Months!  HAHAHAHA...yep, I suck.  I do have his pics on that so I'll try and bring them in and load them up and tell you all about 9 and 10 month old Nixon - which, quite frankly are very similar, he hasn't been up to much so you haven't missed much.  He did officially take his first step today which is kind of a big deal - WaaaHooo!

He likes chewing on rings.
Ok, so in the last month I've successfully taken 2 business trips.  Nixon doesn't seem to notice or care that I'm gone - it was clearly rougher on me.  I have learned where there are pumping/nursing stations at airports in Milwaukee, Houston, Chicago and Charlotte.  I've also learned that the Lowe's Plan-o-Gram Facility in NC has the most functional and amazing pumping room I've ever seen, complete with a sink, comfy chair and fridge.  I've also navigated the TSA and their rules for traveling with milk which wasn't nearly as annoying or stressful as I imagined.

Welcome to Charlotte!  This is a pretty fountain that greets you when you exit the airport.

We went to Madison for a weekend and hung out with Kaitlyn and Giabella which is where all these pics are from.  I got to say Hi to the entire family, we had a lovely mom's only dinner with Katie, got to meet Katie's Little Mr. Reese, and got to say hi to Jim.  It was so funny - at dinner literally all we talked about were our kids and nursing.  It's so funny what a change a year makes!! I'm just glad to have such great girlfriends who are all going through this at the same time as me!

Giabella and Nixon - with his wand of course
Look over there!
SOCCER!
Nixon and I spent the night at Auntie Aimees, we watched Twilight movies and ate naughty food.  The Wam Fam all headed out to the Milwaukee Auto Show for something to do.  Nixon and I went to Barnes and Noble for a Valentines Day book reading where he was quite the participant clapping and giggling during the books and songs.  We wandered malls to let daddy have some quiet sleeping time while he's still on nights. 
Neener!
Nixon is officially Mr. Big Britches, only wanting to eat food he can feed himself, drinking from a cup.  I really am getting a taste of my own medicine being my own Ms. Independence.  Sorry Mom!!! 
Oh hey ya'll
He says Mama, Dada, baba.  He is giving kisses now with kissy noises.  He also barks which is hilarious - the boy who was raised by dogs.  If Fred barks he also barks.  A sample of our kid and dogs - during our weekend in Madison, he could have cared less for Giabella.  Instead he followed Bauer their German Shepherd around, even staring at him through the glass doors when he was outside.  Oh poor Nixon.

Nixon and Bauer
I believe that's all I have for right now - good enough!  I just said to my mom today that it was so easier to blog all the time when he was littler, he slept all the time.  Now it seems impossible.  I guess it's my fault for writing so much...Maybe I'll be more pics, less text to meet a compromise.




Comments

  1. I know you hear it all the time but he's getting so big! I'm sure he'll be walking by the time I get to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have even less time as he begins toddling all over. Enjoy these days because they pass by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! It's already gone so fast, I can't believe he's already as big as he is. I feel like he just joined our family yet I'm also planning his 1 year birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts